Jeff Hynds joins the area as the BJA Regional Development Officer.
Jeff will be aiding the development of Judo within the Yorkshire and Humberside area by:
- Assisting clubs in working towards and becoming clubmarked.
- Assisting clubs with school club links (BJA’s ‘schools 2 Dojo’ & ‘Enjoy Judo’ programmes)
- Assisting Clubs with funding opportunities
- Increasing membership (in particular 16 years plus)
- Establishing links to your County Sports Partnerships and other external agencies who may also be able to assist you
- Increase the number of clubs – Including universities
- Any other type of assistance clubs feel they may need.
Jeff has said “I am looking forward to working with the people and the clubs in the region. The area has a lot of potential with a lot of key people and a strong regional committee and together we can develop judo further in the area”.
Jeff is a 1st Dan and a Level 3 Senior Club Coach and has been doing judo for over 25 years.